Saturday, January 24, 2009

little girls

Peyton and Cheyenne.

Jazlyn

---
I'm really enjoying working on this project idea, but with school eating up most of my week I get panicky that I'm not going to have time to cover everything I need to be covering. People in Glouster have been seemingly open to what I'm trying to do and I made a contact at a basketball game last night that I hope will help me in keeping up this momentum.

Brenda Ann Keneally
(read: kind of a bad ass) came and spoke at OU last week (thanks to Johnny Simon who interned with her over the summer and helped bring her). Her presentation did all kinds of good things to my brain that has helped me a lot in keeping up my motivation and realizing that there is more than just editorial importance in these pursuits I'm undertaking. Look through her web site if you haven't already.

I wish I could truly articulate something profound beyond that, but a mix of hunger and realization that I'm losing daylight here is driving me to peel my butt off the couch and go back down OH-13 to Glousterville.

No comments: