Monday, July 16, 2007

SoBe with the Seleskies


Papa Selesky at the South Seas hotel on South Beach.

Off 17th and Collins Ave in South Beach is the South Seas hotel. Thanks to my friend Jaika, my sister and I learned this week that poolside luxury is just a putrid stroll down an alley away. While on a outing with her dad and her sister, Chipi, visiting from Long Island, we sunned and funned it for as long as the change in our parking meter allowed us.

Jaika carrying her daddy. My sister being a skinny ninny.

They have a lovely hammock area on the side facing the beach.


Chipi, on the right, came determined to crisp up before heading back to NY.


Jaika on the hammock.

We went to this restaurant following Jaika's fabulous friend Josh's suggestion. It's named "Big Pink" and stuck the motif pretty well by using pink plexiglass for the tables and embellishing everything possible in similar shades of hot pink.

Josh in a cab.

Later that night, Jaika drove as we headed towards a party where there was reggaeton hanging in the muggy air. The only relief was warm whiskey.

4 comments:

Luanne Dietz said...

Love the top pic and the hammock shadow... miss ya lovely;)

Tim Hussin said...

I love all those photos girl. You've definitely developed your style more in this past year since the gator. And I'm lovin' it!

Tim Hussin said...

Oh, and I miss Florida...and your pictures rustle up those hidden memories that I try to conceal to keep my sanity. So, thanks for making me go INSANE.

Danny Ghitis said...

nice series there Dre. love the seeing on the overhead pool shot and the hammock.