Tuesday, July 3, 2007

oasis

anclote key, fla.

What should have been a two-hour kayak paddle was really three or so after accounting for our fruit stops, mid-bay seat changes and communing with dolphins . And with Justin and his unique brand of confidence as our navigator, I was pushing myself to be optimistic when we arrived to a mucky, rancid smelling shore. But when we pulled in and heard the waves crashing just past the trees, we all started pulling off our clothes to jump into the gulf in one of the most amazing ocean swims i've ever experienced.

In the spirit of minimizing and consolidation, I thought it best to just bring the fitty 1.8, plastic fantastic, resilient little piece . I'm still struggling with composing with it.


day to night.

we only spent one night there accidentally eating bug-covered kielbasa and getting our sunburn-covered bodies eaten by bugs. but we had beef jerky and jamaican rum and some hippie botanical bug repellent and that little stretch of the gulf of mexico to share between us and only us.

1 comment:

Tim Hussin said...

I remember those fools. Man, it's only been a couple months, but it's been way to long. At least I'll still have Casey when I get back. And since I'll have Casey, that means I'll also have Stephanie (when she decides she has time in her high class SP Times life to hang with us). Not sure what Justin is doing, but without him, we may have no direction. And you, girl, will have to come down from your Ohio throne and spend some time in the sun. And trust me, you'll need it after dealing with that Midwest twang (if you can call it a twang).