Monday, May 14, 2007

mama's day

de un lado al otro: yo, ale, papi, mami, gati y tia.

my mama really enjoys photos. none of that crazy grainy magnum photo stuff or that artsy conceptual stuff that student-ish people like me admire. she likes the kind of photos she can stick into the plastic sleeves of the dollar store photo albums she likes to stock up on. she's a cheap skate like me, so when she hangs photos in our house, she likes to put them in whatever plastic frame she finds on clearance.

her bargain basement curating skills aside, this mother's day we scrubbed our faces, had a tasty breakfast and set up a strobe in the corner of the room. what started as the set up for a nice, formal family portrait quickly evolved into two hours of photographing cholo chaos.


i'll spare you all the photos that only we could appreciate, but these are just some of my favorites. i think she was happy with her present, despite my inability to hold a photogenic face.