Tuesday, October 25, 2011

comet

brad at the initial point of concern / random wv road, sep '11

negs immune to the cat tranquilizers / conneticut rest stop, sep '11

duct tape and shoddy american engineering will get you places. my move to new hampshire had all the right elements: hot boy, decent tunes, string cheese. everything except a reliable vehicle. towing a 4x8 trailer full of my shit is what finally did her (the jeep i'm still mourning) in, but not before her final act: a multistate relocation. the cats did well, despite my best efforts to sedate the crap out of them, they were good company and only bolted towards the gas/brake pedals once and even kept us warm during a cold snoozin at a new jersey rest stop.

an oil/fluid drip landed on hot metal in the undercarriage and caused a dramatic smoke trail on our entire 14+ hour trip. we came into concord like a comet.

1 comment:

LAFF said...

I am listening to your interview on The Story and am completely intrigued. Your work is wonderfully moving. Having relocated from Oklahoma City to Baltimore with a cat, I particularly like this shot. Glad you, the hot guy and your cats made it. My cat ditched me in Arkansas!