Tuesday, December 21, 2010

fotovisura


The winners of the FotoVisura grant and award were announced today. The whole contest and entering thing are very new to me, so this experience, while within the same realm of being a young working photographer, is a new one as compared to CPOY for example.

FotoVisura is a great platform for community-based sharing of work. This year, I entered a more recent edit of the work I've been doing on the girls and was selected as an honorable mention. The selected work is a diverse and evocative selection of projects and its pretty sweet to have even made it to honorable mention considering the caliber of the winners, including my favorite photographer.

Don't know how many other of these I'll be participating in as I'm still feeling out what I'm trying to do. The main focus right now is to finish this dang master's project. Made some strides that I'm pretty excited about recently, but wrapping it up is the hardest thing I've ever tried to do with my work, both financially and conceptually.

No comments: