Monday, March 3, 2008

everything but


i'm losing it. yes, my canon stuff has given me problems with backfocus before, but those were mostly the fault of my erratic shooting patterns. this nikon gear seems to be self-loathing. like freaking hates the successful execution of photography. it spitefully disregards my desperate commands --

please focus on the play. i have my focus point set right on the guy's face. i'm carefully following him. my breathing is controlled, my hands are steady, i'm totally zen. please don't give me more photos of the gym walls or some wayward referees or that mom in the audience with fifteen pins on her seasonal knit vest or that cool looking dude standing in the doorway of the gym.


whatev. t-minus three days until my camera comes back. i miss you, darling.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

edit: now that i think about it, all those things i listed that i don't want photos of actually sound kind of cooler than some of the games i have shot.

2 comments:

Tom McCarthy Jr. said...

Since I've been shooting Nikon lately I've noticed that it seems to be the perfect camera for getting those great candid shots of the fans on the sidelines (especially if your objective is game action). Really makes one focus on the game and never assume that the shot's in the bag.

Jeronimo Nisa said...

but, in this case, it worked out better for you. the guy in the doorway is more interesting...
it's a consolation to read that some other canon shooter is having the same problems with nikon crappy focus. i thought i was getting worse and worse...