Tuesday, December 11, 2007

el barrio bajo la nieve


this four season system in the north is freaking me out. i used to whine about how much i wanted it to be snowy and white and wonderful and yeah, for about three hours on tuesday night when the snow started, i was a giddy idiot. granted, i had just returned from a bar with all kinds of beer fueling this enthusiasm, but it was fluffy and clean and i was all about rolling around in it.


the next morning, it took me twenty minutes to dig my car out from the five inches that had fallen overnight. i also missed the third step coming off my porch because it was camouflaged by fresh snow. i spent the morning feature hunting for work, a soggy, trembling mess. my enunciation gets even worse at 21 degrees.


[bossman thought that ben the dog was a penguin at first]

ps - miniature australian shepherds are lovely little dogs.

3 comments:

Luanne Dietz said...

O girly, I feel ya on the love at first sight hate after a few hours..lol.. I was late to an assignment the other day because I couldn't figure out how to get the ice off my windows.. Man us Florida girls weren't cut out for this..lol.. Miss you!

P.S. LOVE the first frame.. I want it for my wall!

cohnhead said...

embrace the snow
find excuses to play in it more often and play with framing dogs and their snowblower, and there you will find happines

Morgan said...

Damn snow. At least it melts soon out here. Cute penguin. :)