Thursday, January 25, 2007

you probably think i'm crazy

"Oh lord, I guess you're pushing me now..."

I went back to that loosely-defined park to try and get a better photo than the ribbon cutting yesterday and after a two-hour stake out of the nicest bench, I finally encountered fellow human life: Mary Easterling, a school crossing guard whose post is across the street.

She was did two walking laps around the park's path and at the end of her second one, she looked up to the sky and bolted. I thought for a second she was erratically trying to outrun my camera. When I caught up to her following her 25-second mad dash, she told me this:

"I thought I was going to just do two, but the Lord gave me the extra strength and I decided to use it. If you haven't noticed yet, I'm a born-again Christian," she said, pausing to catch her breath every few words.

"You know, God, he's quite the gas. I love him and being part of his kingdom."

"You probably think I'm crazy, but you should really try it. It's quite a gas."

"I don't really judge," I told her.



1 comment:

Morgan said...

cool find. i want to find god loving crossing guards that walk around parks... but thats only part of andrea-land. :)